If you love Thai food as much as I do, then this is right up your alley…A quick, flavorful and healthy lunch idea for you this week- great to bring to work! A big thanks to Following in my Shoes blogger Rachel Lacy for sharing this recipe!
- 1 12 ounce package of Broccoli Slaw, approximately 4 cups
- 1.5 cups Shredded Carrots or “Matchstick” Carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped Thai Basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped Cilantro
- 2 chopped Green Onions
- .25 cups Plain Yogurt
- .25 cups Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1-1.5 teaspoons of Sambal Olek
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Salt, to taste
For Peanut and Rice Cake Croutons
- .5 cups Raw Peanuts
- 1-2 Lundberg Sweet Chili Rice Cakes, crumbled into small chunks
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli slaw, the shredded/matchstick carrots, and the Thai basil, cilantro, and chopped green onions. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the yogurt, peanut butter and soy sauce.
- Blend in the Sambal Olek, in half-teaspoon increments until desired level of heat is achieved.
- Whisk in the lime juice till fully incorporated, and taste, adjusting with salt as needed.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix till combined. May be served immediately, topped with Roasted Peanuts and Rice Cake Croutons, or it can be covered tightly and stored in the fridge for up to 24-36 hours prior to eating.
To Prepare Topping
- Spread the peanuts and rice cake chunks onto a cookie sheet and place into a 350 degree pre-heated oven.
- Let them roast 1-3 minutes — you’ll need to watch carefully to ensure neither ingredient burns.
- Remove and let cool before using.