Since I am a huge fan of 21 Day Fix, I just had to find out what the next level of the program would be like. I’ve spent some time analyzing the two, and here are my observations:
- Both programs come with the same amount of colored containers: (1) Green, (1) Purple, (1) Red, (1) Yellow, (1) Blue, and (2) Orange.
- Both come with a Shakeology Shaker Cup- to keep you drinking that water, or taking your Shakeology on the go!
- Both programs come with Eating Plans/Nutrition Guides.
- With 21DF, you can substitute wine, fruit juices and sweet treats up to 3 times per week for 3 yellow containers! And with 21DFX, sweets, treats and caloric beverages are a no-no. You may substitute 2 yellow containers, 2 times a week with: cow’s milk, soy milk, almond milk, or coconut water.
- 21DFX encourages the elimination of dairy products like cheese, yogurt and milk, whereas with 21DF, you can certainly have those things.
- Both have 30-minute workouts, 7 days a week, for 21 days- no days off!
- 21 Day Fix is a great program for the beginner or intermediate level person looking to lose weight; 21 Day Fix Extreme is more for intermediate to advanced people, looking to shred the weight and seriously commit to getting ripped in the shortest amount of time.
- 21DF’s programs usually consist of moves lasting 1 minute, with a 15 second rest in between, while 21DFX varies in the length of time for each move, with little rest in between.
- 21DF uses a mix of body weight and hand weights during workouts, whereas 21DFX uses hand weights and the resistance band
- There’s a low-impact modifier that is truly low-impact in the 21DF program. In 21DFX, the modifier is definitely lower impact than the rest of the group, but higher impact than Kat from 21DF.
You really have to look at what kind of ability you’re starting at (beginner who hasn’t exercised in a long time, versus someone who frequents the gym already), and where you want to get to- just starting to adjust to the idea of living a healthy lifestyle, versus getting ripped and bikini-ready for a summer vacation.
Either way, you’ll definitely be seeing results from these programs!