1. Replace refined carbs like white rice and enriched pasta with whole grain versions.
2. Swap soda for unsweetened teas (or better yet- water!) and save HUNDREDS of calories.
3. Reward yourself with clothing or fitness gear, instead of food.
4.Rotate your mp3 player’s playlist to keep you motivated and your workout fresh!
5. Do push-ups, crunches, squats or stretch during commercial breaks while you’re watching TV.
6. Wear a pedometer, and try to reach 10,000 steps per day.
7. Dedicate 75% of your plate to veggies.
8. Use mustard, hot sauce, or salsa instead of ketchup, mayo, or sour cream.
9. EAT SLOWLY…it takes 20 minutes for your body to realize that it’s full.
10. Replace the mayo on your sandwich with mashed avocado.
11. Sign up for an athletic competition to keep yourself motivated.
12. GET MORE SLEEP! Getting 7-8 hours of sleep every night helps your muscles recover, and you are less likely to overeat.
13. Plan an activity date!
14. Swap olive oil for butter when cooking.
15. Take the stairs, and try to park further from the entrance.